HemoCue implements this policy by integrating environmental requirements into operations through the Danaher Business System (DBS).
HemoCue operates in accordance with the following principles in conducting our business. These principles supports our commitment to environment.
- Compliance with all applicable environmental laws and regulations and applicable corporate and business unit policies, standards and procedures.
- Periodic, formal evaluation of our compliance.
- Integrity and accountability in personal conduct.
- HemoCue associates are expected to understand the environmental issues associated with their jobs.
- HemoCue associates have a duty to act in an environmentally responsible and safe manner; this duty extends to fellow associates, government authorities, suppliers, customers, and those who live in the surrounding community.
- Continual improvement in environmental performance, waste minimization, prevention of pollution, and prevention of workplace accidents and injuries.
- Integration of sound environmental practices into applicable business functions, including procurement, product design, product testing, manufacturing and product support.
- Consideration of environmental impacts in the course of developing new products or processes, in selecting production materials, and before buying, leasing or selling property.
- Design, operation and maintenance of our facilities in a manner that minimizes emissions and waste.
- Responsible use of materials including the recycling and reuse of materials.
- Sensitivity to community concerns about environmental issues.