HemoCue® Plasma/Low Hb – Photometer for determination of low hemoglobin levels in plasma, serum, or aqueous solutions. There are many occasions when it is necessary to measure low concentrations of hemoglobin in different media. Until now, time-consuming and complicated methods have had to be used or otherwise reliance has had to be made on imprecise visual judgement. HemoCue® Plasma/Low Hb Photometer is available and is a quick and simple system, that accurately measures low hemoglobin concentrations in the range of 0—3.00 g/dL (0—30.0 g/L, 0—1.90 mmol/L).
- Produces accurate results in less than a minute
- Sample volume only 20 µL
- Precalibrated, portable photometer that requires a minimum of maintenance
- No calibration or instrument manipulation (between microcuvette/reagent batches) needed
- Can be used by non-laboratory personnel after a brief training session
- Automatically compensates for a certain degree of turbidity due to lipids or leucocytosis